Professional Writing Experience
Freelance Science Writer
Regular contributor of health, science and environmental content to small businesses, professional organizations and online media. Work has appeared in the Washington Post, APA Monitor, HuffPost and The Desert Sun, among other publications.
Communications Manager at the Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Produced content for Keck School of Medicine News, USC News, INI websites, reports, and newsletters. Managed press releases, social media, and external media relations. Assisted with grant writing and editing.
Editor/Writer at Viterbi School of Engineering, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Produced content for award-winning Viterbi Magazine and website. Focused on research projects, awards and outreach efforts within USC’s engineering school.
Multimedia Reporter at Annenberg Media, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Produced content for print, web, radio, and broadcast. Topics include nutrition, health, and environment.
M.A. Specialized Journalism at the University of Southern California
Completed May 2017, specialization in science.
B.A. Neuroscience at the University of Southern California
Completed May 2012, with University Honors: Summa Cum Laude.
Awards and Affiliations
- Winner, 2017 Online Journalism Award (Pro-Am Student Award), Online News Association
- USC Annenberg Knight Scholarship Program on Media and Religion, USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
- Thomas Campbell Jackson and Pamela Brandt Fellowship, USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
- Victoria Hall Scholarship, USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
- Renaissance Scholar, USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship, USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- SURF Grant for Undergraduate Research, USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- SOAR Grant for Undergraduate Research, USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society
- Member, American Society of Journalists and Authors
Other Professional Experience
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS AT BRICK NATION, LOS ANGELES, CA AND NEW YORK, NY
Managed three boutique fitness facilities with a combined staff of 30 and clientele over 1,000. Led staff development, event planning and execution, customer service, marketing, and budget management. CrossFit Level 1 certified trainer.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONSULTANT AT BOX TO BUSINESS, LOS ANGELES, CA
Served as a paid consultant for gym owners on topics ranging from general operations to organizational structure and leadership development.
LEAD RESEARCH ASSISTANT AT MATHER EMOTION AND COGNITION LAB, LOS ANGELES, CA
Recruited, screened and tested participants for behavioral and functional MRI studies. Analyzed data; synthesized and presented results; contributed to journal articles detailing the results of research conducted.